Wireless Printer Setup via a Router
A printer networking allows you to print from a connected network computer wirelessly to the device. It can save your business both money and office real estate by reducing the number of required printers. You can connect almost any printer to your network, through your networking system may vary based on your printer hardware. So, I will discuss “Wireless Printer Setup via a Router” and I think you need this.
Network-Ready Printer – Wireless Printer Setup via a Router
- Connect the edges of the Ethernet cable to the port on the printer, and then connect the other end of the wire to the available port of your router. Alternatively, you can connect the printer to an available network wall jack.
- Press the power button to start the printer. Wait for at least two minutes for the printer and contact the router before proceeding.
- Use the printer control panel to print a configuration page. The page contains networking information, including an IP address given on the printer. Alternatively, you can use the control panel to assign an IP address to your printer. The steps necessary to print the page and configure the IP address depends on the manufacturer and model of your printer. Read your owner’s manual for specific information about your printer.
- Install print software on any network that you want to get access to. Use the installation CDs sent to the printer and follow the screen instructions to install the software. When requesting, enter the IP address displayed on the printer configuration page. Alternatively, search for printers in available network devices. Reboot your computer to complete the installation. Depending on your printer’s specific model, the installation process may vary.
- Track my Phone – Step by Step guide from Technosys360
- Explain about Network Monitoring Software free
- How to Speed up Android Device
- Why use a Router Firewall software
USB Printer – Wireless Printer Setup via a Router
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to connect the printer to a computer and install the printer software if you have not already done so.
- Enable File and Print Click Start followed by “Control Panel” and then type “Network” in the Search box located in the top-right corner of the Control Panel screen. Select “Network and Sharing Center” from the options that appear on the left and then select the “Change Advanced Sharing Settings” option. Click to enable the “Turn on File and Printer Sharing” option and then click on the “Save Changes” button. You may receive a prompt on your computer’s security settings. Close the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Start followed by “Devices and Printers” to open the Devices and Printers dialog box.
- Browse the available printers. Right-click the printer and click “Properties” from the options that appear.
- Click the “Sharing” tab. Click to select the “Share this Printer” option. A check appears in the box. Click “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes. Close the Devices and Printers dialog box. The printer is now available for work wirelessly.
- Add the printer to any computer From the networked computer, click Start followed by “Devices and Printers.” Click the “Add a Printer” option and then click on “Add a Network, Wireless or Bluetooth Printer” option. Select the printer from the list of available printers, click “Next” and then follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
Need equipment for this: Ethernet Cable (optional for server printer).
People also search:
- How to Fix Stopping, Freezing, and Reboot Issues During the POST
- How do I recover my corrupted Mac files?
- How to Recover Unsaved Word Document Mac
- How to Receive SMS on PC Without a Cell Phone
You can connect parallel ports and USB printers to your network using the wireless print server. Printer Connecting and Installing Process Purchase changes depending on the model of the model.
While sharing a printer through a computer, you should run the connected computer to get printer access for others.
Ref: Small Business,
So I think I cover all within a few lines. If you face this problem, please let us know. We are here to solve that.
If this article helps you to solve your issue, then please share this article with your friends and also with your loved ones. Don’t forget to subscribe bog to get all latest article first in your mobile.